Workshop: Climate Engineering Regulation and Liability
16 – 18 October 2017, KIEL
University of Kiel, Internationales Begegnungszentrum
Kiellinie 5 // 24105 Kiel
Rooms are pre-reserved at a special rate in Maritim Hotel Kiel (www.maritim.de/Hotel/Kiel).
Please take your reservation with them until 15 September, indicating the code SPP1689!
- Research methodology: anticipate potential future of climate engineering (CE) to assess present
- If CE is done, how could it be regulated, how could some party doing CE be held liable?
- Which type of regulation can set (economic) incentives to conduct carbon dioxide removal, while
avoiding negative ecosystem effects?
- Is it possible to establish a scientific basis for helding someone liable for adverse effects of solar
radiation management (SRM) on others? (this includes detection and attribution)
- How can the diverging interests of different parties be aligned by means of a regulatory system
for SRM, including regional climate engineering?
Download AgendaDownload Agenda (93,4 KiB)
Ulrike Bernitt // Project Manager SPP 1689 // email@example.com